Wednesday 15 December 2010

Reply to an Irritable Reply

Well, I guess sometimes you can strike a nerve. Especially when you have a patronising pseudo-intellectual attitude.

I blogged the other day about how just saying that the Daily Mail made stuff up wasn't serious political debate. I went on to say that breaking down their arguments would be a far better way to get people thinking about the issues. That blogs were too full of name calling and accusations that it was all lies instead of serious discussion.

The blog I happened to have in mind was Angry Mob. It just happened to be the one I read but there were plenty of examples, particularly on the Mail's rather lazy and one sided take on Harriet Harman's views on remittances.

Despite having to put up with a bit of name calling myself I'm pleased with the response. Angry Mob's new blog is far better and lays out the case for what is wrong with the views of the Mail and the anonymous Tory..

I personally wouldn't go as far as calling the Mail anti-journalism but it's far better to hold it account by showing what is really wrong with what they are saying. Angry Mob claimed that what I was saying is that "It is a shame that you didn't spend more time considering the utterly false argument made by the Daily Mail...." Given what you say in your About section I'd have thought that is exactly what you would want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment